IPL (Intense Pulse Light) Treatment is getting popular day by day by it’s unique ability to remove dark spots, sun damage and uneven skin tone. If performed correctly IPL Treatment can do wonders for your skin. IPL Treatment is often known as Photofacial or Photo Facial.
There are some cautions and facts which should be clear to your before you go for an IPL treatment.
- - People with wheatish skin tone are at some risk because IPL may cause hyper pigmentation on such skin type. The same holds true with people with Asian origin. This is because darker skin tone are more likely to attract laser rays from IPL machine.
- - People with tattoos should stay away from IPL. IPL may not give expected results on tattoos and it can damage the skin on and around the tattoo.
- - IPL treatment is based on laser technology, but these laser rays are not much effective for laser hair removal.
- - The operator who is going to perform the IPL treatment should be qualified and experienced. Lack of experience and skills can cause great damages to your skin.
- - Better to check the license of operating such machines to make sure the skill set of the operator are at par for operating the IPL machines.
- - Apart from Skills and experience, caution during the IPL treatment is equally important. Any oversight during the treatment can have adverse impact on the skin.
- - Though it’s not mandatory, one should wear googles during IPL treatment to protect their eyes.