Weight Loss was not a easy thing for a month back thanks to my unhealthy eating habits, physically inactive at workplace, and having too much stress and tension due to work life and family life problems. I was 85 Kg in last month and gradually my weight was going up but i was not worried. People used to comment on my fat tummy, bulky body, hanging cheeks and lack of energy due to initial symptoms of obesity.
Later on due to immense pressure from friends and relatives i have to honor their request of attending health check camp at nearby hospital. It was just a halfhearted effort for my friends and family. Everything went well and i appeared for all tests comfortably. Next day was a horrible and one of the most shocking day of my life. My BMI was 28, my body age was 50+ years, my sugar level was about to cross limits, i was diagnosed with very high chances of having diabetes, my blood pressure was not anywhere near to normal. And i realized that i just screwed up my body, god gave me a body to live happy life and i screwed up. That was day of regret and thoughts and psychological transformation. I decided that i will loose weight, i want to lead healthy and happy life and that wasn’t possible without weight loss. I tried to change my life by taking below steps.
- I learnt that breakfast is very much important, without going to much details about what, why and how, i just started having breakfast that is low at sugar and oil. I regularly take toasted whole wheat breads, fruit juice, sugar-free tea, and handful of peanuts or almonds. Heavy breakfast reduced quantity of my day meals and directly impacted my weight loss regime.
- I fixed my sleeping and wake up timings, hence my sleeping hours are also fixed. I regularly take 7 hours of sleep without fail.
- I forgot taking much stress and tension, always try to solve any problems with calm mind and positive attitude. I also learnt to love and respect people, that made me a good human being.
- Water intake was very low, hence it was causing indigestion and heartburn. I started drinking 12 glasses of water in a day. Initially it was tough and keep counting of 12 glasses but gradually it became habit. 2 to 3 glasses of warm water in first thing in the morning after waking up, and one glass in every 1.5 hours. I also started carrying water bottle with me. Water will throw out toxins from body and also flush excess fat. I never thought water was weight loss remedy.
- Earlier i was using my Car for commuting to office. With help of some friends we formed and group and started car pooling for commutation. It impacted two ways, saving few thousands per month as petrol cost and added 3 to 4 km of walking every day. This started weight loss gradually
- One more rule i added to my routine, i eat my last meal of day before 3 hours of going to bed. This will not leave undigested food in my stomach, which is direct contributor of problems like obesity, fat tummy and excess weight. This was very much required for weight loss.
- Started doing some workout everyday, including 5 to 10 surya namaskar (Sun Salutation), 5 minutes of fast jogging, stretching, push ups and pull ups. If i am travelling or not at my home, i cut this short to 15 minutes of stretching, this will keep my muscles active elastic.
- Developed positive attitude and started loving everything whatever i was doing for my body. It was not a burden or extra unwanted work for me but something that i love and i was doing for myself.
- I started avoiding much oily food. Also cut amount of calories in my daily meals. Replaced my snacks with oil free and fat free items.
- Started using sugar-free instead of natural sugar, sugar was the obstacle in weight loss
This was gist of initiatives i took for weight loss. I continued this disciplined lifestyle for one month. My birthday is coming in 2 months. According to doctor i should be between 64 to 72 kg as per my height. As considering my current progress i should be easily below 72 kg before my birthday. Today i am 80 kg, i lost 5 kg in a month by following above simple rules for weight loss. If you find them exciting you may also try it as they are safe and simple weight loss rules you can find anywhere or check with your doctor.