Husband cheating his wife, boyfriend cheating his girlfriend or vice versa is very common phenomenon around us. People are very alert and very specific about cheating; especially young men and women are highly conscious and always eager to know if their partner is cheating on him or her. In my earlier post I compiled several signs which can help you to figure out if your partner is cheating in the relationship. After this post I bombarded with so many emails asking to define the cheating in relationship, while some people put their doubts and asked if it’s cheating or not. So, here I will do very basic thing to define the cheating. Here we will try to answer some questions like, what is definition of cheating. What all actions are considered as cheating?
Cheating has several definitions, but cheating has very transparent definition when it comes to personal relationships. In your personal relations, cheating is breach of mutually agreed rules and certain boundaries of relationships. When you try to break confidence, betray the trust of your partner and cross the boundaries of loyalty for personal interest and fulfillment is considered as cheating.
People often ask if certain act is cheating or not. We often come across several people of opposite sex or same sex, and at time we develop intimate relationships with them. So if you are engaged or married, you should know all the boundaries which should not be crossed and crossing of those boundaries can be considered as cheating. Here are the compilations of all real life examples we may come across in our day to day life.
There are some obvious and clear acts which are undoubtedly considered as cheating, which are
1. Having sex with someone else other than your partner
2. Having phone sex or internet sex with someone else other than your partner
3. Having oral sex or foreplay with someone else other than your partner
There are some ambiguous acts which are debatable if those are considered as cheating or not, which are
4. Flirting with someone
5. Kissing someone else
6. Having dinner with your friend or colleague
7. Having private talks, chats or messaging with someone which are hidden from your partner
8. Getting cozy while dancing at night club or bar
9. Having sexual conversation, use of provocative language or sharing adult jokes with someone else
Apart from these, some are behavioral and thinking patterns which may be inside the boundary of cheating, but this differs from person to person
10. Having sexual thoughts about your dream woman, close friend, relative or colleague
11. Watching porn and masturbating while watching porn
12. Having thoughts about someone else while having sex with your partner
13. Going to strip club or enjoying lap dance
14. Taking dinner or having coffee often with someone you really like other than your partner
15. Hugging or cuddling someone with sexual intentions or expectations
16. Going on vacation with someone else and sharing the same room in hotel
17. Sharing the bed with someone else
18. Seeing someone naked, and/or touching, kissing and foreplay
19. Touching someone with sexual intentions
20. Touching someone’s private parts intentionally
21. Loving someone other than your partner, or having soft feelings which forces you be with them
22. Buying gifts for some loved one and your partner isn’t aware about it
These are the common acts which can be considered as cheating, in single phrase – any act which you don’t feel comfortable sharing with your partner is cheating. So to understand cheating, one should understand boundaries in relationships. Crossing these boundaries are obviously cheating, but sometimes people aren’t much aware about softer boundaries, which creates confusion in relationships and your partner may take advantage of such situations. So you should be very specific when it comes to boundaries or your relationship that will help to define cheating in your relationship.